Associate Chief Appraiser, Commercial Property
The Harris County Appraisal District has announced an opening for Associate Chief Appraiser, Commercial Property.
Ensure the discovery, listing and appraisal of all commercial property in Harris County. This is accomplished by ensuring the Commercial Property Division meets all goals and deadlines of the district. Ensure compliance with all relevant laws, industry standards and internal policies. Ensure training for staff, at all levels, is adequate. Other responsibilities include monitoring the level of assessment relative to market activity; proposing a division budget for adoption; division staffing; supervising management staff; coordinating Commercial Division activities with other divisions within the Harris County Appraisal Department; monitoring value statements and performing other duties as required.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- College degree required; major in Real Estate or Finance preferred. Minimum of seven (7) years of responsible commercial appraisal experience and five (5) years of supervisory experience required.
- An RPA and current active registration with the Texas Department of Licensing and Regulation.
- A residential or general appraiser license currently active with the Texas Appraiser Licensing and Certification Board.
- Seven (7) or more years of active appraisal experience within the last ten (10) years of the date of application.
- Must have experience with the use of a personal computer with the Windows operating system and specific skills in data research; working knowledge of HCAD’s CAMA system preferred.
- Extensive administrative and management experience.
- Advanced understanding of each area of the division.
- Extensive knowledge of property appraisal laws and methods of appraisal.
- Knowledge of zero base line budgeting and department financial needs.
- Demonstrated ability to lead and direct others and deal with the general public.
Physical and Mental Abilities: The position requires considerable concentration, creativity and ability to manage time effectively. It is subject to stress caused by a changing public environment, mandatory deadlines and heavy workload. Requires the ability to operate office equipment and communicate on the telephone and face to face. Requires the ability to ask questions that will bring forth the information needed to make sound decisions.
SALARY: The salary range for this position is $86,905-$132,095. The normal starting salary is $86,905.
CLOSING DATE: Applications/resumes should be submitted to the Human Resources Division, 13013 Northwest Freeway, Houston, TX 77040, emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org or faxed to 713.957.5664 The position will remain open until filled. You must attach a transcript if you list any college or university attendance. This is a security sensitive position; a background check will be performed.
Dec. 20, 2014)